2011 has been something of a rough year, rather have in the “bad times”. Things are looking up now, and looking back, I see a lot of Fin and I supporting each other. It’s weird how nasty happenstance can make a relationship stronger. But, that’d be the subject of another blog post.
I’m going to make this recap short.
1. Better manage eating out and bringing lunch to work
EPIC FAIL. I’m getting slightly better at the end of the year, but Sept-Nov were really awful on this.
2. 3 camping trips for 2011 – with 1 in a new location.
FAIL. We did however take a few trips across the country. Seeing Nashville was fun. Sadly, our vacation time was largely nuked by family challenges.
3. Pay off one more loan.
WIN. The “Dave Ramsey Plan” is working well.
4. Do more writing / more blog posting.
FAIL. I’ve actually been far more focused on piano this year.
5. Ship something at work or home.
WIN. I hope to post the press release about this when it’s out.
6. Improve garden and yard care.
FIN – WIN. ME – FAIL. Fin made a lot of progress on the garden this year. I’d like to say I did more, but I worked a lot this year. Garden looks a lot better now.
7. Return to Martial Arts.
EPIC FAIL. I’ve been thinking a lot about this, and most of my return is directly related to money. I’m considering some alternatives on how to make this inexpensive, but the reality is this is an expensive hobby.
8. Unpack office, file ‘to file pile’, and unpack 1 garage box.
Mixed. A couple boxes have FINALLY been unpacked. Office still needs unburied and shit needs filed.
9. Start making molded soap.
Partial WIN. I made one batch of molded soap, it turned out ok. Need to continue on this.
10. Complete at least one carpentry / wood working project solo.
FAIL. Never really had a solid idea that panned out.