I’m keeping this tradition alive, but my feelings toward this year are best summarized by a picture:
Fin and I have been through some rough years. This past year, though, felt like an extra special kick in the face. That said, how’d my year end goals go?
See the picture for a summary.
- Consumer Debt Free
FAIL, stalled out in the summer.
- Make measurable progress toward moving.
- Get technical blog running again
Even More FAIL.
- Build wireless temperature sensor system for greenhouse
- Post another piano recording
You probably guessed it already. (*cough*) FAIL (*cough*)
- Take an actual vacation
Holy shit. We did this one.
- Complete an online course
- Learn a web framework (server and browser side)
You might see a pattern here… FAIL.
- Visit at least 2 Kansas City tourist traps
Well, I saw *both* Sea Life and Lego World? So? FAIL.
- Branch out from previous years in a current hobby or find something new altogether
Hey, I started Taekwondo (Fin calls it Fancy Karate, because she can’t spell it) again. She doesn’t know if it counts, but I’m padding the numbers with a yes.
Well, given all that happened, 2/10 ain’t that bad. Hoping next year goes better.